Monday, June 6, 2011

Mending Broken Fences

Today was a great day for the motto, Mending Broken Fences. While finishing up with the project for the day the neighbor to the home owner I am working for came out and asked if he could help in any way. I told him that the work was about complete but thanks anyway and began to chit chat about the fence and why it is there. Found out that it is not because of the chickens the neighbor had a problem with but the dogs. Apparently dogs like duck too, because the neighbor began to explain about the incident about the dogs and police that were called while he was trying to protect his property. Interesting how a story can get all turned around when authority is intervened.

As the neighbor and I were having a chit chat the home owner came out and started along with the chit chat. I finished cleaning up and came back with the invoice and they were still talking, mending a broken fence. The home owner and I went inside after the chit chat and upon receiving the check for the work she had brought over to me a to do list of sort and on it was what she considered a picture of her neighbor with a caption above saying, Hello, how can I help you today. Do..do...do...do.

I told myself in the beginning when I first bid this job, if God wants me to have this work then there will be a reason why I get the work. I like the way I really get to help people other than doing what I am already good at mending broken fences.

No comments:

Post a Comment