Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is A Fence Estimate Really Free?

Have you ever asked yourself if the fence estimate you received is really free? I have always wondered that myself, being that I am a fence contractor and say that I am giving you a free fence estimate. I feel that the estimate is only free until someone actually blesses me with the opportunity of a work order. How is that free when the estimate turns into,...cash? I do know this that by saying I am giving you a free fence estimate that is exactly what you are getting from me. No hidden fees for an estimate on the back end of the quote. Honesty is the best policy in my book. Word of mouth can really make or break a business no matter what line of work you're in.

Another thing that I know about giving away free fence estimates is that my phone seems to ring for a free fence estimate. Now not every fence estimate turns into a work order so that may be another reason why the estimate is considered free.

The attitude of listening to the customers needs and desires for their fence is true customer service. This adds value to any business. Remember you are not the one that has to live with the fence. The customer always has a say for what goes in on their property. Otto Zochert founder of Zochert Fence Co. always said that if I could build a residential fence I can build any fence. Customers are not picky, they may seem that way but it is their money and their fence so they have a right to be picky if that is what you would like to consider it when the customer wants a fence a certain style or grade of material or even in the most extreme conditions and terrain.

So I guess if I were to get asked the question is the estimate really free? My response would be yes,... but if I were to land the contract how can I consider it free?

No comments:

Post a Comment