Friday, July 12, 2019

Miracle Worker

Well,..today I was referred to as a Miracle Worker,..well God did make only one of me.

Anyway a customer was telling me that her daughter told her that there was nothing that could be done to the existing gate,..she was right. The existing gate was built with those 90* angle gate in a box with hinges,..they seem to never work correctly,..good idea for simplicity but for functionality they always seem to sag,..so I built her a simple wood Z frame gate system with a latching mechanism that can be opened from both sides,..

She loved it and even gave me a hug,..talk about feeling special, or reaffirming that fact.

I have come across a  monstrosity of gate systems,..some huge and cumbersome, some aren't built with any support or the support there doesn't have any screws in the boards so the support doesn't do any good,..I have seen gates that have been hinges to the side of the house that have torn away the siding,..I have seen large gates that have been hung from a 4 x 4 PT wood post and customers wonder why the gate is sagging,..

In my 25 plus years in fencing I have found out that for gates,..the lighter the better, and then of course as the saying goes,..keep it simple,..I am not an artist that's God's job,..

Anyway I just wanted to share of the reference made today that I was a miracle worker because of the skills I have building wood Z frame gate systems here at Fix-A-Fence LLC


No comments:

Post a Comment