Thursday, November 8, 2012

Business Class - How To Expand A Business

It has been a while since the last time I checked in here,...that is no excuse and neither is getting busier with the fence company, or the fact that because of the Youtube campaign I have had phone calls from across the country asking for a little bit of help, or that I am taking a business class learning how to expand the business.

There is no excuse not to write.

I would like to thank Google for the Adsense program. Last month I received a check in the mail for over $115.07 because of the ads I have connected to the videos I have on Youtube. I am visioning a video that will go viral so I can watch the digits rise in the bank account.

I have learned about giving a business presentation to investors or an audience seeking to buy the product I have to offer. This class has given me inspiration to move forward and expand a bit. Like having another fence truck with a fence crew keeping me out of the field and answering the phone filling the funnel with bids, getting a piece of property to store material and have a small office to run things out from, maybe even a radio commercial for some advertising purposes. Of course it is as always, one step at a time.

The latest book I have been reading is titled, "Art of the Start" written by Guy Kawasaki. Guy is the founder of Garage and is a venture capitalist seeking businesses that are passionate about making meaning. There are plenty of good information shared in this book such as the 10/20/30 rule for giving a presentation to investors. Ten slides - Twenty minutes - Thirty font. This will be fun, I have never given a presentation before and I have a great opportunity to give one in front of all that attend the class. To be honest I am kind of excited about this. I may just get a couple fence estimates or find someone that wants to invest for that truck.

One thing for sure is that I will be taking a Turf Byrd with me to sport off my business cards at the presentation. Who knows that may be a whole new meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment