Thursday, October 20, 2011

Target Marketing In Today's Fence Marketplace

One thing for sure is that the internet is not the only source for advertising in today's market place.

Today I received a call for a estimate from an advertisement that I put up on the bulletin board at the place I bank with. Kind of nice that they let members do that sort of stuff. And it is because of that reason that I have an estimate scheduled now.

Every estimate is a potential job that is swirling around in the sales funnel. Right now there isn't that many swirling around so chance of this one coming down the tube is pretty good. I will take a sharpened pencil with me.

So may I suggest if you have not already done so is to create a advertising flyer with tears off strips that have your company name and telephone number on it and ask to pin them up on the bulletin boards that you do business with. Word of mouth is a very powerful way of doing business.

Another way of advertising is target marketing. For instance I know that the weather is a factor when it comes to fences so when I am driving around in the neighborhoods I see fence damage I stop and put a door hanging advertisement on either the fence or the door to the fence of the property owner. I have gotten lots of estimates and jobs that way.

I have often told people I will pick shit with the chickens to stay in business and fortunately business has not come to that, however it has come to me creating and starting up http://theturfbyrds.com/ business. Of course this hasn't taken off yet but the sales have begun. Again by word of mouth currently and the web site out here in internet cyberspace. Visit the web site and place your order for a Turf Byrd.

No comments:

Post a Comment